Monday, July 27, 2009

Yo' Mama....

What's up, YoungWorld!!!!

Been away for a mintue...on some Familee Bid-ness....

Your MainMan, OuttaBoundz, took a trip to Corpus Christi, Texas this weekend to enjoy Food, Folks, Fun...and most of all...Family!

I am always in awe with the way in which Family shapes a person's identity. During my time in the "City by the Sea," I most appreciated the opportunity to shed titles, occupations, and status symbols....and simply appreciate the history of those persons who came before me...as well as admire those who are coming after me. Simply put, it felt good to LISTEN to the elders and WATCH the YoungOnes...

The following audio sample was one of my small contributions to the Reunion...and I hope it can provide someone out there with a good feelings, a sense of connection, and hope for the future.

Enjoy,

OuttaBoundz



WeBeGeekin'
www.ghettogeekin.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Sammy Trieu said...

family can have a big influence espically with someone who you look up to for protection and love. such as a mother who you look up too because she guides you and gives you love when you are hurt. a mother is a mom who can sooth the pain away. coming up with that song before the reunion probably was able to trigger good memories of the family. it is possible that the mother is so close that he/she also consider their mother as a friend or someone close such as a sister. Also when he mention about ur mama is my mamas sister, which also talking about ur mom is also your and my aunt and how cousins and everyone in the family if very close.

grayhaze124 said...

I completely agree with your values and appreciation of family. I think sometimes people get rapped up in their own individuals lives and their own goals that they forget their history and background. It is always a pleasure to keep in touch with the ones the came before me and the one's to come after....

Unknown said...

I'm glad that your reunion has reminded you what family is all about. I also believe that family is very important in shaping a person's identity. Mine has shaped me in so many ways and I'm so thankful for that. I've always wondered who and where I would be without them and it's so hard to picture my life without my whole family. Everyone grows up so fast and it's so crazy taking trips down memory lane. Your rap is very inspiring and I know just from that, that your mother is very proud of you.

feyi akindoju said...

the family is just like an umbrella in which everyother member stays under. i thinkaffection, love and generousity is very vital in a family. they all have to show thier love for every other member of the family. having family re union is not just to meet everyother member of the family but also to love them and appreciate them.i think it is very important that people have to remember the fact that blood is thicker than water. and i agree with ur opinion because u did something that show u value ur family and that to you, you think your mom is important.and everyother member of the family must acknowledge that fact

from Feyi Akindoju

Habib Adams said...

family is an important part of everyday life.it is important for everymember of the family to know about their heritage and their backgrounds, and this is one of the importance of having a family reunion.The more things that you do as a family, the more memories will reflect in later years. i truly appreciate the fact that you value your family especially your mom.