Friday, October 2, 2009

Beauty Of The Beast

This is a song for the genius child.
Sing it softly, for the song is wild.
Sing it softly as ever you can -
Lest the song get out of hand.

Nobody loves a genius child.

Can you love an eagle,
Tame or wild?

Wild or tame?
Can you love a monster
Of frightening name?

Nobody loves a genius child.

Kill him - and let his soul run wild.

Langston Hughes

Ultimately, I leave this poem for you to interpret. However, I think we can all agree there is something in all of us that defies both convention and limitation. To all the ghettoGEEKS out there, remain free and let the beast show its beauty.



WeBeGeekin'
www.ghettogeekin.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep coming to this post whenever the beast in me is unable to see the beauty in me; whenever the desire in me feels insatiable; whenever the hurt in me feels incurable. Thanks for all of the conversations and the moments of uplift. I only hope I offer to you all that you give to me! Be blessed in this holiday season. Ilu